The Irish World Academy of Music and Dance at the University of Limerick has announced a new scholarship fund which has been made available for post-graduate study. The Stepping Stones Scholarships target international post-graduate students with a demonstrable record in a performance and/or academic specialisation relevant to a programme of study at the Irish World Academy, UL. Priority will be given to:
• applicants experiencing demonstrable financial challenge
• applicants from parts of the world underrepresented at the Academy
• applicants with projects that resonate with the spirit of the Stepping Stones initiative: equality of arts practices, an interdisciplinary vision, and desire to build bridges between arts practices
• applicants for programmes with a higher number of available places
• Applicants must apply for the programme through the normal university procedures
• In the application form, where a candidate is asked to indicate how they will fund their study, they should indicate that they will be applying for a Stepping Stones scholarship (they should also include other forms of funding as appropriate).
• The initial application for the scholarship should be coordinated by the course director of the relevant programme of study at the Academy. If a candidate has been offered a place on the programme and wishes to apply for the scholarship, they should send the following to the course director:
(1) A personal letter indicating how their application meets the scholarship criteria
(2) A letter from one of the referees included on their application form, indicating how their application meets the scholarship criteria
• Once the course director has received this information and is satisfied that he/she would like to support this application to their programme, he/she should include a letter of support with the two letters from the applicant, as well as a copy of the application form and any relevant audition materials. This material should be forwarded to the Associate Director who will arrange to review applications with the Director and relevant course directors on a monthly basis between now and the beginning of the next academic year.
The Irish World Academy of Music and Dance at the University of Limerick is a centre of academic and performance excellence housed in a newly opened 5000 square meter €21m, state-of-the-art building on the banks of the river Shannon at the University of Limerick.
The Academy offers a suite of taught MA programmes, BA and Graduate Diploma programmes in music and dance-related subject areas and its research is at the forefront of these fields of enquiry worldwide. See http://www.irishworldacademy.ie
Further information and application queries should be directed to Dr Helen Phelan, Associate Director, Irish World Academy of Music and Dance, University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland.
Phone: + 353 61 202590