There are two main sources of financial scholarship available to International students at University College Cork:
1. Support Scheme for Students from Developing Countries
2. PHD Postgraduate Scholarships: Fee waiver for Non EU nationals
Support Scheme for Students from Developing Countries:
• Eligibility for support will be limited to students from developing countries e.g. Africa, parts of Asia and from Central and Eastern European non-EU countries, who would normally be liable to pay the full economic fee.
• The support will take the form of a reduction in fees to the level of fees payable by EU students.
• A maximum of fifteen awards may be made annually, on an ex quota basis with not more than four new awards being made annually in any one Faculty. Applications must be renewed each year.
• Awards apply to primary degree only and one subsequent postgraduate course.
• A student who, having received an award, fails to rise with their class forfeits the award for a repeat year.
• It is a condition of the Scheme that a student, who, having received an award, fails to pay the balance of the fee due by the prescribed date for payment, automatically forfeits the award.
• Applications must be made on the prescribed form (available from the Fees Office) and submitted to the Management Accountant on or before 31st May each year.
Student Assistance Fund:
Please find details on the Student Assistance Fund on the Fees Office website: