The LL.M. in International Commercial Law offers students the opportunity to specialise in International Commercial Law in order to facilitate enhanced career opportunities and/or to lay the foundations for PhD study.
- Graduates of this programme will receive an internationally recognised postgraduate Master of Law degree.
- Students will gain a firm understanding of the key principles of International Commercial Law including in areas such as EU Competition Law, International Financial Services Law, International Commercial Arbitration, and Corporate Governance.
- Students will acquire highly transferable skills, attractive to a wide range of businesses including in major corporations and international institutions.
- A strong international focus gives students a key advantage when building a career in today’s globalised legal landscape.
- All of our lecturers are experienced academics who are specialists in their particular field of international commercial law.
- Unique International Commercial Law focus
- Experienced lecturers who are experts in their field
- Small class sizes mean more individual attention to help you reach your personal potential
- Evening time lectures mean that it is possible to obtain an LL.M. with work or other day time commitments
Many of our LL.M. graduates go on to pursue PhD studies, having acquired not only legal expertise but also advanced academic writing and legal research skills during the LL.M. programme.
Through the LL.M. in International Commercial Law, you will have gained valuable professional experience, built a strong foundation of critical analysis and presentation skills, and covered a diverse range of topics. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates including:
- Promotion for those who are already practising in law
- In-house legal roles with international or domestic businesses
- Legal advisor within international or domestic commercial entity
- Legal researcher in area of international commercial law
- PhD study for an academic career